The 8th Grade Graduation Ceremony is coming soon! Graduation is set for Wednesday, June 16th at 5:00 p.m. at the David Prouty HS Football field. In the event of inclement weather we’ll move the ceremony to Thursday at the same time and location. To ensure everyone’s personal safety if you plan to attend please read the following guidelines for graduation per the Department of Education’s “Safety Standards for Graduation Ceremonies”:
• Graduates and guests, as well as staff and speakers, must attest at the time of registration/ticketing that they will not attend the graduation if:
- They are experiencing any symptoms such as fever (100.0° and above) or chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, fatigue, headache, muscle/body aches, runny nose/congestion, new loss of taste or smell, or nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.
- They have had “close contact” with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 and have not completed the required quarantine period. “Close contact” means living in the same household as a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, caring for a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, being within 6 feet of a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 for 15 minutes or more, or coming in direct contact with secretions (e.g., sharing utensils, being coughed on) from a person who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- They are currently required to self-isolate or quarantine by their doctor or a local public health official.
• No food or drink permitted.
• No communal gathering or reception either before or after the commencement.
• Graduates and guests, including faculty, administrators, and speakers, will be required to disclose to the school if they test positive for COVID-19 after the graduation for purposes of cleaning/disinfecting and contact tracing.
• If graduating students are outdoors, they do not have to be masked and are encouraged to maintain distance as feasible.
• If attendees and staff are outdoors, they should follow the state masking advisory: Attendees and staff are not required to wear masks and are encouraged to distance from individuals not in their household as feasible. Attendees are encouraged to wear masks if they are not fully vaccinated.
• Individuals are strongly encouraged to maintain distance between households, and seating should be set up to facilitate this.
• Alcohol-based hand sanitizers with at least 60 percent alcohol shall be made available at entrances, exits, and throughout the venue for workers, guests, and graduates.
Thanks for taking the time to read this and we look forward to seeing you at graduation!