The Spencer-East Brookfield Regional School District maintains a high quality early childhood through twelfth grade curriculum which is designed to:
- focus on comprehensive literacy, content literacy and information literacy
- teach basic communication, cognitive, and computational skills
- promote mathematical and scientific awareness
- cultivate an awareness of history, geography, government, and the humanities as they relate to the past, present, and future
- foster creativity
- instill an appreciation for and proficiency in the arts
- develop occupational competency and the capacity and desire for lifelong learning
- encourage an understanding of multicultural values so that each and every student is college or career ready for the future.
The curriculum is aligned to the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks and/or national standards. The district collects data on student performance which is used to continually improve instruction.
Academic Affairs works to achieve consistency of materials and instruction within and across grade levels and schools to ensure that every child has access to a high quality education.
|Matthew Bolduc||Director of Academic Affairs||(508) 885-8500 Ext. 3|
|Janey Day||Information Specialist||(508) 885-8500 Ext. 5|